Updated May 25, 2018
The new General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data (known as GDPR), which aims to simplify and harmonize the legislation on personal data in the European Union, came into force on May 25, 2018.
Whenever you provide personal information via the Logic Instrument website, we will inform you of the use we make of it. In any case, your information will remain confidential. The type of private personal information we collect depends on your use of the Logic Instrument website.
Commercial data or customer support
When placing an order or placing a request to our after-sales support, we ask you to register in our user database. In this context we collect and save information such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address. This information is necessary for the proper processing of your order, delivery, billing and follow-up of your support requests.
Cookies are text files, often encrypted, stored in your browser. They are created when the browser of a user loads a given website: the site sends information to the browser, which creates a text file. Each time the user returns to the same site, the browser retrieves this file and sends it to the server of the website.
We use three types of cookies, which do not have the same purposes:
- Technical cookies are used throughout your navigation to facilitate and perform certain functions. A technical cookie can for example be used to memorize the answers filled in a form or your preferences regarding the language or the presentation of the site.
- Web-analytics cookies are used throughout your browsing, to allow us to track anonymously and aggregated your browsing. We use the services of the Google Analytics audience measurement tool. To know the rules followed by Google regarding the management of these cookies, we invite you to visit the Google page dedicated to this.
- Advertising cookies may be created not only by our website, but also by other sites displaying advertisements, ads, widgets or other items on the displayed page. These cookies are used to offer advertising content, including targeted advertising, that is to say advertising determined according to your navigation.
You will always have access to the information you have provided to correct it. Deletion: You can ask us to delete the personal information provided for the creation of your account by sending an email to “Contact”, following steps detailed in section 11 below.
You can also inform us at any time that you no longer want to receive commercial communication from us using the “unsubscribe” field on sent emails or by unchecking the box on your user account.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
The personal data that you entrust to us are kept:
- For a period not exceeding the legal duration for the data necessary for the smooth running of the commercial relationship (Orders, deliveries, billing)
- For a maximum of three years after the last consultation for your account data (customer account or support account)
- As long as you have not made a request to unsubscribe for those who have requested to receive our promotional information.
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to make sure that other people can’t access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or use a computer in a public place such as a library or Internet café.
As an individual, you are responsible for security and access to your computer. Be aware that when you voluntarily give your personal data on the Internet (for example: in discussion forums, by email or on chat sites) these can be used by third parties. In short, if you leave your information open, you may be prompted to receive unsolicited messages.
Under the conditions and limits set by the law in force, you have the following rights to the personal data that we collect and use according to the methods previously described:
- ask us to access your Personal Data;
- ask us to correct or delete them;
- request the limitation of the treatment (s) you are receiving;
- oppose treatment;
- obtain the communication of your Personal Data in a structured and standard format;
- withdraw your consent at any time, when it constitutes the legal basis of the treatment, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the treatment based on your consent and carried out prior to its withdrawal;
- define guidelines regarding the fate of your Personal Data following your death;
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
These rights can be exercised at any time and at no cost by sending an e-mail to the following address: « Contact us ».
IMPORTANT: Your request must include your name, surname, customer number (if applicable), address and a copy of an ID (driver’s license, passport, ID card) so that we can identify you and the nature the request (s) that you formulate in this context. You will also need to specify the e-mail address to which you wish to receive the reply.
We remind you that you also have the possibility to access, modify and delete some of your Personal Data by logging directly into your customer account.